Sunday, April 14, 2013

Potts m Ainscough - White Lion Inn, Wigan

On 13 Apr 2013, at 17:34, Kate Pearson  wrote:
If you think you are related to this family please contact Kate.

I am researching my Ainscough line, and found your blog on Google. After looking at it I initially felt it was not the same Ainscough line and was going to navigate away. However your post of January 19 2007 "Potts Family" caught my eye.
My ancestor, Jane Ainscough was the widowed innkeeper of a pub in Wigan. I found a flyer for the pub from a little later which I am attaching which has Mrs David Potts as the proprietress, and the pub was formally owned by Ned Ainscough. As your post was 6 years ago have you since found a link between the Potts and Ainscoughs, and have you found a link to the Wigan Ainscoughs?
I think there may be one as Jane Ainscough was born in Croston, nee Serjeant.

Kind Regards
Kate Pearson
                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
                                               

No comments: