Monday, June 25, 2007

Ann Ainscough b.1853 descendant Richard Harris, Aus

Richard Harris, Perth, Australia
A message from Richard Harris in Perth, Australia (rharris@ermgroup.com.au) who hopes to make a trip to England soon.

Ainscough Relationship:

Ann Ainscough (b 1853) was the 3rd daughter of Hugh Ainscough (1822-1882) my GGG Grandad and sister of Thomas Ainscough, my GG grandad (1846-1929).
Henry EARNSHAW (1847-?) m Ann (Annie) AINSCOUGH (1883-?)

CHILDREN
There were 9 children of which 3 died as children;
1.1 Helen EARNSHAW -born about 1871 in Longridge, Alston, Lancashire - died on 18 Jun 1950 in Lancashire married John Whalley
1.2 Kate EARNSHAW -born 1876 in Longridge, Alston, Lancashire - died?
1.3 Elizabeth EARNSHAW- born about 1878 in Lancashire - died?
1.4 Maggie B EARNSHAW -born c1879 in Alston, Ribchester, Lancashire - died?
1.5 Ada E B EARNSHAW - born c1880 in Alston, Ribchester, Lancashire - died?
1.6 Louise Gertrude EARNSHAW-born cApr 1883 - died unknown date married William Walsh

Louisa Gertrude was the grandmother of Richard Harris (Aus).

"Hi Barbara
I like your photos - I checked out those on your website - some terrific shots of the countryside and I appreciate the ones of our Ainscough family history – I particularly like the shot of you in the Old Oak Inn – where our ggggrandad Hugh was landlord. I must visit there next time I’m in the UK – hopefully next September.
Attached is my family at my recent birthday – after 50 I’m not counting any more – my wife Liz, daughter Ella and her boyfriend Josh at the back – and son Chris next to Liz.

One of the photos you had was of a cricket team, and I notice you referred to a Thomas Ainscough playing for Lancashire – is that Thomas, Hugh’s son? I remember elsewhere seeing a Thomas Ainscough as a past player for Lancashire, because my granddad Walsh (who married Louisa Earnshaw-Whalley –daughter of Anne Ainscough) was also a good cricketer, who played for Colne in the Lancashire League. I had heard he may have played for Lancashire, but I couldn’t find his name amongst past players – but I did find Thomas Ainscough!! Unfortunately I can’t remember the website, but I’ll see if I can find it again.
Take care and stay in touch.

Cheers,
Richard"

Just for the record, the Thomas Ainscough, Lancashire cricketer, that Richard is asking about is Thomas of Parbold, a great uncle of Mary & Tony Ainscough.
Hugh & Susan (Fairclough) Ainscough
Thomas A was one of the 12 children of Hugh & Susan (Fairclough) and the family lived at Lancaster House, Parbold. See blog entry Nov. 27th 2006

No comments: