Sunday, January 21, 2007

WILL - Margaret Ainscough 8th March d.1812

Will Margaret Ainscough d.1812 pg1
Will Margaret Ainscough d.1812 pg3
James Ainscough 1711 - children

Andy Scarisbrick writes: "I have not as yet found out where Hugh (1740-1820) comes from, or any link with the Mawdesley, Parbold Ainscough family, as yet, but I am working on it. I have been looking through local church records for Ainscoughs; Ormskirk, Halsall, Aughton - even going to Wigan, Upholland and St. Helens - to see what they have, but nothing on my Hugh (North Meols). Oh, and in St Helens church, I found the marriage of Mary Ainscough to Thomas Eccleston. Mary was the sister of Hugh (d. 1813), John (your direct ancestor) and James.
Margaret Ainscough d. 1812 was another sister of Mary, Hugh, John and James above."

So 4 months to the day I have just realised that this Margaret A was infact the daughter of my direct ancestor: James (1711-1782) m 1739 Margaret (?)
and sister to John 1752 -1835 & Margaret Worthington 1751-1835
- Margaret's WILL clearly states all of her siblings; her late sister Jane who married (1765-?) m (2.10.1786 Leyland)John Watkinson.
The WILL gives us lots of other info about our Ainscough family like sister Mary married an Eccleston, Elizabeth (who we have no mention of in the tree yet!) married a Worthington. She also mentions brothers Hugh, John & James, John of course is my direct ancestor,

The Will of Margaret Ainscough of Ormskirk, Spinster.

In the name of God Amen I Margaret Ainscough of Ormskirk in the County of Lancaster Spinster, being of sound mind and understanding do make and publish this my last Will and Testament in manner following that is to say I give and bequeath my clothes and wearing apparel to and amongst my Sister Ann Stopforth, to my niece Mary Ainscough daughter of my Brother James Ainscough, to my Ellen Watkinson my niece daughter of my late Sister Jane Watkinson, And to Mary Worthington my niece daughter of my late Sister Elizabeth Worthington, to be divided by my sister Mary Eccleston in the way and manner she thinks best.
I give and bequeath to my said sister Mary Eccleston the wife of Thomas Eccleston the sum of Fifty Pounds. I give and bequeath to my said Niece Ellen Watkinson the sum of One Hundred Pounds as also my Bedstocks and Hangings, One Feather bed bolster and pillow, two pairs of sheets, two pairs of Blankets, six silver teaspoons, And a pair of silver Buckles. I give to my Brother Hugh Ainscough my cloth chest. I give and bequeath to my Brother John Ainscough one shilling. I give and bequeath to the five sons of my Sister Ann Stopforth each the sum of Ten Pounds to be paid twelve months after my decease, and if any of them die before the same becomes due then their widows or children (if any) shall be entitled to such their share or shares, such children (if any) being lawfully begotten but if no widow or children remain then the said sum of Fifty Pounds to be equally divided amongst the surviving Brothers.
To my Niece Mary Watkinson, daughter of my late sister Jane Watkinson I give the sum of Twenty Pounds to be paid to her upon her attaining the age of Twenty one years, and the Interest thereof yearly from my death until she attains that age But if she die before she attains the age of Twenty one years then I give and bequeath the said sum of Twenty Pounds to be equally divided between her brothers Hugh and James upon their coming to age, and the Interest thereof until that time. To my Brother James Ainscough and also to his Son James I give and bequeath to each the sum of Twenty Pounds. To my said niece Mary Ainscough I give and bequeath the sum of Ten Pounds. To my said Niece Mary Worthington I give and bequeath the sum of Twenty Pounds. To my Niece Margaret Brown Wife of William Brown I give and bequeath the sum of Five Pounds. To my herein after named Executors I give the sum of Five Pounds for such uses and purposes I have before informed them. And after the payment of all my just Debts, Funeral and other incidental expenses and the Probate hereof I give the yearly Interest arising from the rest and remainder of all my estate and effects of whatever nature or kind soever not herein before disposed of unto my said Brother Hugh Ainscough during the term of his natural life. And after his Death I order and direct the said residue to be divided into Four equal parts or shares. One share of which I give and bequeath to the children of my said Brother James Ainscough equally amongst them or their representatives. Another share of which I give and bequeath to the said five sons of my sister Ann Stopforth in equal shares, or their representatives. Another share of which I give and bequeath to my said Niece Ellen Watkinson, or her representatives in equal shares. And the other share of which I give and bequeath to my said Niece Mary Worthington or her representatives in equal shares (if any there be) And I do direct that my Executors herein after named shall not be answerable for any losses that may happen to my said trust and effects, nor for any deficiencies or insufficiencies of any security or securities they or either of them may please to lay out the same. Unless such losses happen by either of their wilful neglect and that the one of them shall not be answerable or accountable for the other, but each for himself his Executors or Administrators acts, receipts, neglects or defaults. And they my said Executors or Administrators shall and may return and re-imburse themselves respectively of all Costs, Charges and expenses they or either of them may incur, be put to, or liable in the Execution of this my Will, or in anything relating thereto. And also reasonable recompence for their trouble. And revoking all former Wills by me made I declare this to be my last Will and Testament. And I constitute James Fletcher of Ormskirk Yeoman and John Moorcroft of the same place Tallow Chandler Executors hereof. In witness whereof I have hereunto swt my hand and seal the Twenty ninth day of January in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Twelve.

Signed sealed published and declared by the said testatrix Margaret Ainscough for her last will and testament in the presence of us who in her presence and at her request, and in the presence of each other, have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses hereto.
Witnesses
Betty Heathcoate
Mary Fairhurst
Sophia Fairhurst


The Mark of
X
Margaret Ainscough

The fourth day of July 1812 James Fletcher & John Moorcroft Executors in this will named were sworn in common form & they further made oath that the personal estate & effects of the testator within the diocese of Chester were under the sum of six hundred pounds before me
G Ford Surrogate

The testator died on the eighth day of March 1812
The Executors are __?__ in Ormskirk

Probate Issued Dated 4 July 1812

No comments: