Wednesday, January 03, 2007

d.1818 - James Ainscough of Ulnes Walton, farmer and maltster - WILL

Once again many thanks to Andrew Scarisbrick (andy_scarisbrick@hotmail.com) who has kindly provided and transcribed the following will detail of James Ainscough d.1818. I think this is James Aiscough, son of Hugh Aiscough 1745 and Mary Smith Aiscough, grandson of Thomas (1715) and Alice Aiscough.
Thomas Aiscough (1715) is the brother of James Aiscough (1711) who is my GGGGGG grandad. This is the start of the Parbold line, Thomas being the great grandfather of the Parbold benefactors; the start of H&R Ainscough - (sons of Hugh A 1816-1894 & Susan Fairclough 1830-1923) see blog 27th November 2006.
http://www.ourladysparbold.org.uk/

From the detail in the Will it looks as though James (?-1818) died young and before his father Hugh (1746-1822).

Hugh's Burial (father of James) : 12 Mar 1822
Hugh Ainscough -
Age: 75
Abode: Mawdesley
Buried by: Roman Catholic

This gives a year of birth of 1746 or '47 for James' father Hugh. I presume this is the father of Richard Ainscough of Parbold, and James of Ulnes Walton. He could have been executor to James in 1819 if he died in 1822. James' will definitely lets us know that Hugh is still alive.

d.1818 - The Will of James Ainscough of Ulnes Walton, farmer and maltster

This is the last Will and Testament of me James Ainscough of Ulnes Walton in the county palatine of Lancaster farmer and maltster. First I order and direct that all my just debts funeral expenses and the charge of the probate of this my will be paid and discharged by my executors herein after named forth out of my personal estate. And I give and bequeath unto my loving wife Ellen Ainscough the sum of five pounds of lawful money of Great Britain the same to be paid to her my said wife by my executors herein after named out of my personal estate at the end of twelve month next after my decease. And I give and bequeath all my Household goods and furniture, farming stock, stock in trade, debts due and owing to me or which shall be due and owing to me at the time of my decease, monies and personal estate and effects whatsoever and wherever unto my Father Hugh Ainscough of Mawdsley in the said county his Executors Administrators and Assigns to and for his and their own proper use and benefit for ever. And I do hereby nominate constitute and appoint my said Father Hugh Ainscough and my Brother Richard Ainscough of Parbold in the said county executors of this my will. And lastly I do hereby revoke and make void all former will and wills by me at any time heretofore made and do declare this to be my last will and testament. In witness whereof I the said Testator James Ainscough have hereunto set my hand and seal the twenty second day of October in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and eighteen.

The Testator died the fourth of December 1818.

The tenth day of May 1819 Hugh Ainscough of Mawdsley, farmer, and Richard Ainscough of Parbold, shopkeeper, the executors in this will named were sworn in common form and they further made oath that the personal estate and effects of the testator within the diocese of Chester were under the value of £450.

No comments: